Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers! So, it`s finally Memorial Day weekend! Which means it is finally, almost-officially, SUMMER! I decided this would be a perfect time to share with you my favorite summer nail polishes!
1. Spoiled: "Shrimp on the Barbie." This is one of my newest nail polish acquisitions, and it is AMAZING! I have it on my toenails right now. It is a fuchsia-pink with gold shimmer that gives it a duo-tone effect. You have to check this shade out in person, the photo does not do it justice!
2. Sinful Colors: Bikini. This shade is a classic hot pink! It goes on very opaque, is very bright and gorgeous for summer, and has a hint of shimmer in it to give it dimension.
3. Sinful Colors: Let`s Meet. This is a gorgeous bright mustardy yellow. I like using more pastel yellows in the springtime, but for summer, I want my yellows to look like SUNSHINE! And this polish definitely delivers. It is subtly shimmery, so it is not a creme finish but it looks very vivid on the nails.
4. Sinful Colors: Neon Melon. If you`re looking for a polish that will burn your retinas, this is it! Neon Melon is BRIGHT! Neons are super trendy this summer and I love neon green. I haven`t worn this one on my nails yet but I am greatly looking forward to it once I am a bit more tan!
5. Sinful Colors: Savage. I love anything teal, and this is a unique shade in that it dries matte! I know some people are really into matte shades so they`ll really like this one. Otherwise I find this is a gorgeous shade that reminds me of the packaging for Tropical Skittles, haha! I like to put a top-coat on it so it is glossy again, but that is definitely optional! :)
Now, on to the GLITTERS! I am obsessed with glitter, that is no secret around here! :P
6. Essie: Shine of the Times. This polish is rather famous around LUUUX and in the beauty world in general, so it needs very little explanation. This glitter flakey top-coat jazzes up any nail look, and I have fallen in love with it! It is perfect for every season, but especially summer because of the sunshiney sheen it gives to any color!
7. LA Colors: Treasure Island. This is a beautiful teal-green glittery color that is so much fun for summer! It takes a few coats to become opaque on the nails, which is why I recommend layering it. I really want to try this glitter on top of Sinful Colors Savage that I described above, I think that would look so cool!
8. Wet n Wild: Party of Five Glitters. This is one of my all-time favorite glitter top coats, because it turns any nail look into PARTY NAILS! There is a ton of multi-colored hexagonal glitter and it looks just like confetti!
9. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Strobe Light. This polish has been compared to OPI`s Teenage Dream, and although I`ve never tried the OPI version, this one does not disappoint! It is a GLITTER BOMB! It is so gorgeous and I love wearing this in summertime.
All of these polishes are also super inexpensive and are surprisingly good quality! I usually am a bargain hunter when it comes to nail polish because I change my nail color so often, so you don`t have to plunk down too much money in order to have these fabulous summer shades!
Hope you enjoyed my summer nail picks, and that you are having a relaxing holiday weekend! Where I live, it is going to be near 100 degrees F, so if that`s the same for you, please keep cool! :)
Talk to you all soon!
(images are mine!)