Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
<strong>Hello lovely Luuuxers!</strong>
Long time no chat! I don`t know about you all, but I am so excited for Spring to arrive! It depresses me when I look out the window and there is still six inches of snow on the ground! Fortunately the Groundhog predicted an early Spring, so hopefully it will be brighter and warmer soon.
I`m so glad that Luuux decided to hold a contest for Spring makeup looks, because I have been dying to experiment with some color and add some brightness to my normal looks! I`ve put together a few looks for you all, and this is the first. I`ve incorporated every girl`s favorite color...<strong>rose gold!!</strong> I hope you all like this eye look and matching manicure, and don`t worry, both of them are very easy to do! :)
Rose Gold Eyes
1. I primed my lid with the <strong>Tarte Creaseless Eyeshadow Primer</strong> all the way up to my browbone
2. Using my finger, I placed the <strong>Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink</strong> on the first two-thirds of the lid, stopping just before the crease.
3. I patted <strong>Half Baked</strong> from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette all over the lid on top of the pink shadow to create a pearly rose-gold effect. (This shade is also found in the original Naked palette.) I used a small flat eyeshadow brush for this.
4. I used <strong>Tease</strong> from the Naked 2 in the crease with a fluffy blending brush
5. Using the same brush, I went into the Urban Decay Ammo Palette and used the shade <strong>Smog</strong> (which is also featured in the original Naked palette) in the outer corner and blended well.
6. Also in the Ammo palette, I used a small detail brush to highlight the inner corner and lower lid with <strong>Maui Wowie</strong>
7. Using a small pencil brush, I dipped back into <strong>Inked in Pink</strong> and used it under the lower lashline, and then lightly brushed <strong>Half Baked</strong> on top of this
8. I tightlined my upper lashes with <strong>Cover Girl Liquiline Blast eyeliner in Brown Blaze</strong>, and also used it sparingly on my lower waterline.
9. I curled my lashes and used one coat of <strong>Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara</strong>, followed by a coat of <strong>L`Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes</strong>.
<strong>That`s it for the eye look! Now, on to NAILS!</strong>
Rose Gold French Manicure
1. I applied a clear base coat: Revlon Colorstay Base Coat (this is my favorite at the moment, it is awesome!!)
2. I applied two coats of <strong>Essie Fiji</strong>, a creamy pale pink
3. Using <strong>Orly Rage</strong>, a metallic rose gold, I free-handed a french tip by carefully brushing across the nail horizontally. (If you don`t have a steady hand, you can also use french-tip guides; you can buy them at the drugstore!)
4. I finished off with a fast-dry top coat: Sally Hansen Diamond Flash
<strong>Ta-da! A gorgeous manicure with rose-gold accents that is sophisticated and so perfect for Spring!</strong>
I hope you all enjoyed this look and tutorial. I love these colors because they brighten up the eyes and incorporate a bit of color without going overboard! Please let me know if you try to re-create this look yourself, I would love to see your version!
Thanks for reading everyone! Be sure to comment below and let me know what you think! :)
(images are all mine!)