Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
Without any more rambling than I normally do, now that its the end of October, I wanted to share a few of my favorite products of this month! Fall makeup is one of my favorite styles and Im completely loving a few beauty staplesand one fun, furry accessory!
Ill go over the products clockwise, starting from the far left!
1. Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil Waterproof in Blonde Ambition: This eyeliner has been an absolute god-send to brighten up my lower waterline. This time of year, my eyes get super red, for a combination of reasons: I have really awful Fall allergies (that dont go away until the first freeze and all of the plants die! hehe), plus the dip in temperatures and cold, crisp wind make my eyes red and watery. Ive been using this eyeliner, which is a beautiful pale champagne with a metallic finish, to make my eyes look less red and more awake. It lasts a really long time in the waterline because it is waterproof and it is creamy enough to not irritate that delicate lower eye area. Plus, Sephora brand products are priced really well compared to other brands that Sephora carries, which is always a plus!
2. NARS Contour Blush in Olympia: The blush shade in this contour duo totally screams Fall to me! In the pan, it just looks like a light mauve-brown, but on the cheeks, it gives the perfect cool-toned rose flush. You really can use this blush to create a contoured look since it is not at all warm, which is what I like to do. I apply it just *slightly* lower on my cheeks, and with a slightly heavier hand, than I would a normal blush, and then I blend it upwards into the apples of my cheeks. I love how effortlessly it gives my face a more sculpted appearance without it looking like I tried too hard to contour, which is especially nice for people like me with office jobs who dont want to look too done up during the day. The highlighting shade in this duo is also really nice. I love it because it is ever-so-slightly yellow, which brightens and neutralizes my undereye circles, but it does not look yellow at all on the skin, which has been the case with other banana powders that Ive tried. Overall this duo is most definitely worth the price and Ive been using it a ton!
3. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance: When the weather gets a little colder, I have to be very careful with the products I use on the skin, because it becomes extremely easy for my skin to look dry, dull and flat. Enter this primerit gives the most gorgeous luminescence on the skin without *any* shimmer or glitter. I would describe the finish as just slightly opalescent. The best part of this product, however, is that it still manages to control oil on my skin and increase the wear of my other face products. Normally, I am skeptical of glowy primers like this because I dont want my face to look greasy, but that is never the case with this primer. It just adds dimension and life into my skin, and who wouldnt want that?
4. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare: Now, Im not going to go crazy talking about this lipstick because I elaborated more on this lipstick in my last post (Fall Lip Picks), but basically all that needs to be said is that this lipstick is great and you should go get it. Now. :)
5. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Im not sure if Ive ever come on here and raved about this mascara before now, but better late than never! I am OBSESSED with how this mascara makes my lashes look. It keeps them curled for a long time, it lifts them up to the heavens, it lengthens and fans them out, and overall adds a tiny bit of volume to create a beautiful, fluttery and defined set of lashes. Best part about this mascara is that it pretty much eliminates the need for a lash curler for me (which is nice when Im in a hurry, though I sometimes still use it just for added drama when I have more time). The curved brush is awesome for pushing the lashes up and curling them as you swipe the product on. Im not normally the type to go for high-end mascaras because I love the options from the drugstore, but in this instance, Im considering getting a backup when Sephora has their VIB Rouge sale next week!
6. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop: This product is kind of obvious, because everyone and their next door neighbor has been talking about it! Ive been using this highlight as a blush topper rather than a cheekbone highlight, since I find that my face is more flattered when I emphasize the apples of my cheeks versus the tops of them. It looks especially amazing placed on top of the BECCA Beach Tint Shimmering Souffle in Fig/Opal, which has been a popular combo for me the past few months. Ive also loved it on top of MAC Margin and NARS Orgasm to really emphasize the glowy aspect of those blushes. If youre not a fan of the stark highlight this product gives, try tapping a tiny little bit on top of your blush with a fluffy brush. I guarantee youll love it!
7. LORAC Unzipped Palette: This palette has to be in my Top 3 for favorite all time palettes! Ive been using this sucker to death this month. The shades in this palette lean warm, with a gorgeous shimmery rose golds and champagnes, and a reddish brown matte color called Unbridled that looks incredible in the outer corner. This palette is $40 and worth every single penny! Plus, the pans are pretty big (bigger than those in the LORAC Pro palette) so I feel like Ill have this palette forever without even putting a dent in it.
8. ELF Smudge Pot in Cruisin Chic: This product is one of the best products that I have ever used, including high end, and the best part of all was that it only cost me $3 measly dollars!!! This bronze metallic cream shade blends amazingly (even better than my Maybelline Color Tattoos), does not budge AT ALL, and creates an amazing base for my powder eyeshadows. Im also obsessed with this shade. If youre a taupe-bronze lover like I am, you will fall head over heels for this shadow. Plus, at a price like that, whats stopping you?!
And finally, a cold-weather accessory that Ive been loving:
9. Gray Winter Beanie with Faux Rabbit Fur Pom Pom by Kyi Kyi Canada: I purchased this hat at Nordstrom Rack (AKA my favorite store in the world, as you all already know), and I cant stop wearing it in the cool, crisp evenings! The faux rabbit fur pom pom is so fun and spunky, and the hat has a fleece lining surrounding the lower rim of the hat to give my ears extra warmth. My ears tend to get cold easily, especially with a hat like this that has a more chunky, open-knit look, and the fleece lining was a nice touch that makes this hat both cute and functional!
Thats it for my October Fall Favorites, everyone! Are any of these your favorites? Let me know in the comments!
(image is mine and exclusive to http://Luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp favorites october beauty fashion