Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
I am definitely a little (...a lot) basic when it comes to the Fall season! I totally buy into everything. Fall fashion, fall seasonal drinks, fall decor, and definitely fall beauty! I`m such a sucker for it all and I`m not even afraid to admit it.
So today I thought I would show you my 2015 edition of my favorite Fall lipsticks! I love taking advantage of this season`s opportunity to be more bold and adventurous with my makeup looks. I hope you find this list helpful if you`re looking for a fun, festive way to welcome Fall into your beauty routine! :)
I`ll list the products from left to right:
1. Kav Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare: As most of the KVD liquid lipsticks do, this lipstick dries down to a different color than what it looks like in the tube. It goes on the lips looking like a dusty rose, but when it dries down, it becomes the most beautiful burnt sienna shade. It just screams fall to me, and it lasts on my lips for a REALLY long time (as all of these types of liquid lipsticks do)! I love this formula, especially for darker colors when you want them to be no-fuss and not worry about it smearing, transferring or getting on your teeth!
2. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate: These pencils really do pack a pigment punch! I got this little pencil in the holiday set they put out last year, but this pencil is a permanent shade that`s available in a full-size version. On my lips, this shade is a true red, not leaning too warm or cool, and it is deep enough in tone that it looks really rich, like red velvet. I recommend using a lip liner with this pencil to increase its wear time, but it`s one of my favorite red lippies of all time.
3. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Sangria: This lipstick is an exact shade dupe for MAC Rebel! It is a gorgeous deep, vivid plum with a matte finish, which is how it is different than its MAC counterpart--and I actually like the matte finish better! Like most dark lippies, a lip liner definitely helps to create a crisp outer line and to keep it from feathering. This shade is dark without looking too dark or blackened, and brings drama to any look! Plus, it`s from the drugstore and is very, very affordable! Milani makes some of the best lipsticks in the drugstore, in my opinion!
4. MAC lipstick in Fast Play: I`m honestly surprised that this lipstick isn`t talked about more on blogs and on YouTube! It is an Amplified finish and is such an amazing darkened, slightly brown nude shade. To me, it is like the tone of my lips but taken down a few shades. It gives that super on-trend brown lip look, without looking *actually* brown, if you know what I mean! All I know is that this shade is super trendy this season and I`m in love with this lipstick for everyday!
5. Maybelline Color Sensational Matte lipstick in Divine Wine: This was a favorite last Fall too, but it is so amazing that I had to include it twice! If you haven`t tried this line of lipsticks from the drugstore, you are missing out on an amazing formula with some beautiful shades. Divine Wine is the dark, vampy red shade that every girl needs in her collection. It is affordable, pigmented, smooth, and for a matte lipstick, is surprisingly comfortable and not all that drying. Other than Touch of Spice, I feel like Divine Wine is the other `must-have` from this collection.
6. Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Heather: The most amazing part of this lipstick is the way that it is SO hydrating! It is a pinky nude that looks natural, but still livens up my lips and really my whole face. This lipstick is a favorite for work, and it is just deep enough in tone to be on trend for Fall weather! Plus, I don`t know about you, but my lips start to totally dry out in Fall, when the weather gets colder and more harsh and windy. This added dose of moisture is definitely a must!
7. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb: Another nude, but this one is more of a mauve that almost leans on the plummy side. Can you tell that I`m in love with these high pigment pencils?! It packs on the gorgeous color and keeps my lips looking fresh and hydrated. Bite Beauty really does make some of the best lip products on the market, in my opinion!
8. Maybelline Color Blur lip pencil in Partner in Crimson: I cannot believe how easy these lip pencils are to use! They give amazing, vivid pigmentation and a lovely matte finish, and I don`t even need to use a lip liner for a beautiful, crisp look. The color that I chose, Partner in Crimson, is a gorgeous brick red, but my runner-up favorite (that I didn`t include in the picture) is the shade Plum, Please. These last for a long time and are so comfortable to wear! I cannot rave about these enough. These are perfect for the kinda girl who wants a trendy matte colorful lip without any of the fuss! And for the price, you can totally stock up on this and the other gorgeous shades in this line!
Those are all of my 2015 Fall lip picks! I tried my best to keep a good balance between drugstore and prestige brands. I actually enjoy getting my bright, dramatic or vampy lip colors from the drugstore because I can`t wear them as often as I would like, and I don`t want to be out a ton of money if they don`t get a ton of wear. Unfortunately, these kinds of lipsticks aren`t appropriate for my office`s dress code! But I love busting them out on weekends or after work going out for happy hour.
I recommend scouring the drugstore for colorful lippies if you are in the same boat as me, or if you`re just beginning to experiment with darker or more bright colors and want to try out a cheap product before investing your money! But pro tip: definitely invest in a few lip liners to go with your fall shades! I love the NYX lip liners: they come in a great variety of colors and are very cheap. I have four lip liners that I rotate through: a rosy nude, a classic red, a burgundy, and a plum. They definitely come in handy when I want my more dramatic lip looks to be neat and clean around the edges!
Are any of these your fall favorites this year? Let me know in the comments! :)
(image is mine and exclusive to http://luuux.com)