Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
Long time no post! I have been swamped with work and haven`t gotten a chance to hop on here and blog, and boy have I missed it! I`m back today with some pictures of an eye look I did when my boyfriend and I went on a date! We went to go see the American Ballet Theatre, which is my all-time favorite ballet company, and we had an amazing time. (Extra brownie points to my boyfriend to agreeing to go to a ballet with me! He`s a keeper!)
This looks is a little bit different because I wanted to whip out some false lashes! I hadn`t used falsies in a long time, but I got some NYX lashes on sale when Ulta had a 40% off sale, and thought I would give them a spin!
(Oh, and please excuse my wonky eyebrows! I still haven`t perfected my brow routine. I`m getting there!)
For the eye look, I did the following steps:
1. I primed my lid with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin, which is a beautiful shimmering champagne shade with all the long-wearing properties of the original primer
2. I patted Sin from Urban Decay (from my original Naked palette) all across my lid and in the inner corner
3. I smudged MAC Twinks eyeshadow into the very outermost corner and blended it out. It is a beautiful shimmering warm brown shade that I`m in love with!
4. I lined my upper lash line and winged it out using the L`Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense felt tip eyeliner
5. Using a narrow pencil brush, I patted Darkhorse from Urban Decay (also from my Naked palette) right into the outer corner, paying attention to keep it just above the wing of the liner, to really darken it up
6. Using my DUO lash glue, I applied the NYX Wicked Lashes in 07 Scandal to my upper lash line. I used a black pencil eyeliner to conceal the band.
7. I highlighted the brow bone lightly with Urban Decay Virgin (from the Naked palette).
And that was the whole look! Quite easy and definitely very glamorous, if you ask me.
As far as the lashes go, I actually REALLY liked them! For the price (I got them for a little more than $2 a piece, they are usually $3.50), I highly recommend them. The band was not too obnoxiously large, nor was it too thin and flimsy. It had just the right flexibility to mold to the shape of my eye, but was sturdy enough to keep its integrity. For this look, it was actually my second time using these lashes, and you can see that they still look good as new. The lash hairs themselves blended in with my natural lashes but still gave my look a lot of drama. And, these come in a lot of different shapes and sizes, meaning you can go as natural or as bold as you want! If you are a lash lover, or if you want to experiment with them, check out Ulta for these, and if you use a coupon, you can get them for even cheaper!
Hope you all enjoyed this EOTD and mini review! Let me know what you think by commenting, I would love to hear from you! :)
Hope you`re all having a great day!
(images are mine and exclusive to http://luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp eotd urbandecay mac nyx