Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Captain James Cook might still recognize this small island, if he would return today. `Why?` you might wonder... The main reason is that Huahine is far less touristic than the other islands in the area and still has that `magical` feel. Because tourisme arrived late on the island, it`s still largely agricultural.
Huahine is an island located among the Society Island in French Polynesia, an overseas territory of France in the Pacific Ocean. The island is only 16 km in length with a maximum width of 13 km and is made up of two main islands, surrounded by coral reefs. There live about 6,000 people on the island.
Compared to other holiday places, there`s not much going on on the island and that might just be my point. Enough time for relaxation on the beach, picnics and sunset cruises.
But if you`re craving for an active stay, you still came to the right place. There are actually lots of things to do. You can go scuba diving, hiking, bicycle riding, kayaking, sailing, surfing or wind- or kitesurfing. If you`re looking for more adventurous activities you can even go sharkfeeding!
Find out more Places To See Before You Die: http://www.luuux.com/places/tag/PTSBYD
1. Beach http://www.flickr.com/photos/mindmob/33856369/
2. View from above: http://www.flickr.com/photos/glub/1572826632/
3. Sunset http://www.flickr.com/photos/kekko73/373890997/
4. Church http://www.flickr.com/photos/triggerfingermonday/3956180364/
5. Map http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&q=Huahine%2CFrench%20Polynesia&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Source link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huahine