Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
This was my very first time making these cookies. I honestly didn`t think it was that hard but I will say that it`s very time consuming! I looked up several recipes online and combined them all to create a recipe that works for me. I simplified the ingredients and directions to my own recipe so it would be easy for anyone to follow.
What You`ll Need:
3 egg whites
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup almonds flour
Food coloring of your choice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until they get foamy. Add in white sugar and continue beating until the peaks become stiff.
- Add in the food coloring of your choice.
- Add in the sifted sugar and almond flour.
- Mix all together but don`t over or under mix. The mixture should look like heavy runny goop that slowly drips from your spatula.
- Place mixture in piping bag.
- Pipe about 1 inch rounds on baking sheet.
- Let then sit out for about 30 minutes before placing in oven.
- When ready, place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take them out when ready and let them cool before filling them.
For my filling, I used vanilla buttercream but you can use anything you want. I was super excited when I pulled my baking sheets out of the over and saw how well they turned out. I would definitely make these again!
Do you like French macarons? Have you made them before? What has your experience been with these cookies? Questions?