Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello my beauties!!
I thought I would share with you how to apply foundation/concealer to get a flawless base for your make up!
1. Apply a foundation primer all over your face (after moisturizing etc). You can use anything you like to apply this (I prefer clean fingers) in a thin layer all over your face blending it in well.
2. Apply your chosen foundation to your cheeks, forehead, and chin and using a foundation brush, sponge, clean fingertips (or any other implement you chose), blend the foundation over your skin, all the way to your natural hairline. Depending on your chosen application method will depend on the way you should apply, usually long, soft strokes or gentle patting works best.
3. Continue to blend the foundation over your jawline and onto your neck so that your face blends into your neck/body to create a natural, seamless look. Check your face over to ensure the foundation is blended evenly all over.
4. If you still have redness or dark circles, I recommend using a brightening concealer onto your dark circles, applying with your ring finger in a gentle patting motion. If you still have redness you can either use a wee bit more foundation over those areas (some foundations may go cakey if applied to thick, if yours does this then I would not recommend this) or you can choose another concealer which matches your skin tone well and dab a small amount onto your redness and gently blend it out.
5. You may then choose to set your foundation with a powder. I recommend a translucent powder over foundation to help set it and absorb oils with out adding any more colour or coverage but of you feel that you need more coverage than what your foundation has given then feel free to use a powder which has a colour, as long as this matches your skin tone well. Take a powder puff or a brush and apply it thinly all over your face, focusing on those areas that tend to get oily (usually T-zone) and make sure it is blended out well.
-Choose your foundation shade very carefully. When choosing a shade test them on your jawline and pick one that matches this exactly. make sure you try them on and then view the colours in a mirror in natural light to make sure that it is a perfect match as some store lights can skew colours.
- Start with a small amount of foundation, blending it out well and adding small amounts as you need it to get your desired coverage. Its far easier to add than take away!!
-If you want a more sheer coverage for the day time try mixing some foundation in with your moisturizer to make your own tinted moisturizer.
-Its great to have foundation with SPF, especially for your everyday foundation but beware that at night in flash photography this may give the dreaded white cast so you may want to have a second foundation for those types of events or one with very low SPF
I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and learnt something from it!!
Please let me know in the comments bellow if you have any questions or feedback and of you would like a video on this also please let me know and I would be happy to do that for you :)
In the mean time have a lovely day and please feel free to check out my blog or youtube for more amazing make up tips and favorite products and also my twitter for awesome updates:)
Disclaimer: Video and the accompanying writing is all my own and may not be used by others. All products were purchased by myself and this is not sponsored in any way