Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Foundation is one of the most well known and popular cosmetic choices, many women feel much more confident and find they look much healthier and more wide awake after foundation application. If you don`t have perfect skin foundation can help cover up problem areas and even out skin tone however finding the right shade of foundation for your skin tone can often be daunting. Women often make mistakes when picking the right foundations and can end up with a foundation too light or dark for the face, vampire or orange effect. Below are some tips to help avoid these mistakes and help your skin look the best it possibly can!-:
1) The first thing to do is to determine the undertone of your skin, are you cool or warm? One way to successfully test this is called the `vein test`. Take a look at your upper arm, if the veins you can see are more of a blueish color you are a cool undertone and if they are more greenish you are a warm undertone. The majority of people are usually warm toned and most foundations are labelled accordingly.
2) Unless you are either incredibly fair or cool toned, foundations with a pinkish undertone are not advised as the end result often looks unflattering and unnatural. Yellow foundations are usually more universally flattering.
3) The best way to choose whether your chosen foundation is actually the right shade for you or not is to actually try on the product! In the same way you would try on a dress before buying it, it`s crucial to do the same with your foundation! Apply three different shades which you have chosen which seem the closest to your skin tone. Apply these in vertical strips from your cheekbone to your jawbone.
5) The foundation which `disappears` into your skin is the right shade for you!
6) Whilst searching for your foundation avoid testing on your arm, wrist or hand as these areas are often a different shade from your face.