Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
After a long day of work, I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend. For tonight`s bonding time, we decided to make homemade pizza like a pizza date night - we get to interact and make pizza with each other and then enjoy our creations afterwards which is fun! We went grocery shopping at Trader Joe`s and bought some ingredients that we didn`t already have at home.
- Wheat Pizza Dough - purchased at Trader Joes
- Organic Spaghetti Sauce - I would recommend Pizza sauce since it`s thicker but I knew we wouldn`t be using much sauce so I still have 3/4 of the jar left for pasta this weekend
- Mozzarella shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Left over diced white onions/celery
How to make pizza?
- I followed the directions on the dough, it says to get flour and let the dough rest for 30 minutes. Then get a rolling pin or use your hands to kneed the dough into a circle (and obviously) I didn`t have a rolling pin.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce
- Add your toppings
- Bake for 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes but I like my pizza burnt/crispy so I left it in for a few more minutes.
My recommendation: Put olive oil on the pan to make it easier to lift the pizza out of the tray when it`s done baking!
Overall: I haven`t made pizza in years, and it wasn`t so bad - very crispy and a healthier alternative. There was no dripping oil like you would when you buy Pizza Hut, Papa Johns or eat at a restaurant!
Photo belongs to me!
LuuuxWeeklyFoodComp HomemadePizza Pizza HealthyEats