Yesterday, I decided to bake some cookies that I knew my boyfriend would like. So I baked some coconut oatmeal cookies, with extra coconut! :) I used a family recipe that I altered slightly because I was trying to use up some butter. Here`s what I used:
Aaaand here`s what I did!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups butter white sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups medium shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup golden corn syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients mixture, and place the butter and corn syrup in the centre.
- Add the boiling water to the baking soda in a small bowl, stir together, then add to other ingredients.
- Mix ingredients together until fully combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls (or use a cookie scoop!) and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
These cookies turned out fine, but they were a little less dense and spread more than usual. And, I forgot to put the sugar in at first, and had to add it in at the very end, which may have had something to do with that, lol! There`s also the fact that I seem to have used too much water...oops!I think I will stick with the original recipe this time - I posted it /viz/anzac-biscuits-recipe What`s your favourite kind of cookie?
***Photo is my own; please do not take.