Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hey guys i would like to share some home remedies for those with oily hair like me =)
Home Remedies From The Cupboard
- Alcohol. Any kind of alcoholic beverage has a nice drying effect. The higher the alcohol content the better. Mix a shot glass full of alcohol with a couple cups of water and rinse through your hair.
Yes, you have to rinse it out. And don`t drink the rinse water! (DO NOT USE RUBBING ALCOHOL - This is over drying and can lead to hair breakage and your scalp producing even more oil to compensate )
- Cider vinegar. Soak your hair in a small basin of water with 1/4 cup cider vinegar -- or put the concoction in a spray bottle and rinse through your hair, then wash out with warm water. This helps control nasty shampoo buildup.
- Tea. Rinse your hair in diluted tea. Tea contains tannic acid, an astringent, which can cut the oil.
Home Remedies From The Refrigerator
- Beer. Can have a drying effect, and it cleans right down to your scalp, leaving your hair with a healthy shine.
- Lemon juice. Mix the equivalent of the juice from 1 lemon with 1 cup water and rinse through your hair, then rinse with warm water. Lemon juice can help control shampoo buildup, too.