Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I love food - healthy food, and breakfast, and coconut, and yogurt, &.... well you probably get where I`m going with this.
One thing I absolutely cannot live without is breakfast. I know it`s wierd, but I`m that person who will lay in bed and just kind of brain storm what food (or foods!) I can make to start my day. More often than not, those `brain storms` involve one similar component; oats!
Oat`s are a staple in my house. As my mom says; you can dress them up, or you can dress them down. You can make granola, or pancakes, or what most of my mornings consist of, just plain old oats! Here`s one of my new favorite recipes it`s sugar free (refined that is), healthy, full of protein, & delicious! Enjoy. :)
* 1/2 cup oats (I used quick cooking but rolled work just as well)
* 1 cup water + an additional few splashes (see step 2)
* 1/2 cup blueberries
* 2 tbs. shredded coconut, seperated (I used sweetened as it`s a personal preference, for an even healthier option, go for unsweetened coconut flakes!)
* 1/2 cup greek yogurt, flavor of choice
* 1-2 tbs. syrupy sweetener of choice (like honey), or prefered amount of granulated sweetener (I prefer Stevia as it is a natural sweetener) (OPTIONAL, I personally didn`t add a sweetener but if you`ve got a sweet tooth...)
1.) Bring water to a rolling boil, add oats & cook according to package directions.
2.) Add cooked oats, blueberries, 1 tbs. shredded coconut, and, if desired, sweetener of choice to a blender & blend until well processed. You may need to add a few splashes of water to help it blend (your milk of choice could also work!)
3.) Transfer oat mixture to a bowl & top with additional coconut shreds, yogurt of choice, & a few extra blueberries.
Calories per dish (without sweetener); 331
Calories per dish (with sweetener); about 400
Image is my own but can also be found on my instagram page; miricotton.
Food healthyfood breakfast fruit oats recipe