Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
(Excuse the kind of gross looking photo)
Recently I`ve grown to really like avocados! I used to hate them because it tasted a little bland to me but now I can appreciate its flavor and yummy goodness. I`m glad I live in an area where it`s abundant and relatively cheap to buy.
I usually just eat it with sweetened condensed milk but that isn`t a very healthy option so I decided to try and make some guacamole.
I didn`t follow any real recipe but I just used:
- one ripe "lo-cal" avocado (although I think the smaller Hass avocados would work better, the lo-cal ones are large but a bit watery)
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped (another recipe I`ve seen says to use red onion for a sweeter flavor)
- 1/2 lime (I didn`t have lemons)
- a few grape tomatoes, quartered
- cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, as much needed to taste
Overall, I think it turned out great and I`m absolutely loving it! I made a second batch using already made salsa and added canned corn and that tastes great too. It`s very refreshing in this hot summer weather!
Eat it with tortilla/plain chips or top it on a salad or sandwich for some yummy nutrition.