Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Descriptions of foundations in correlation to photo above is from left to right.
I have a normal skin type but I can get a little oily on the T-Zone. I choose foundations without SPF or a foundation with low SPF for photographs. I`m always on the look out for something new. If you`re like me, you probably google "Shade Matches for NC30/35" "Foundation matches for NARS SHEER GLOW STROMBOLI"... Hope this post helps for those of you who have a similar shade to me!
My first liquid foundation I had ever used was MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC30. I was matched at a MAC store in 2008 and this has been my shade ever since. Over the years, I have tried many different foundations from various brands. More recently, I have been obsessed with foundations and I have no idea why! I work in the medical field and I rarely get to wear a full face of make up. I usually just wear foundation when I go out to dinner or out with friends. Why do I have six different foundations? Simple...I`m curious.
1. L`Oreal True Match Foundation in W4 is a cheaper alternative. For about $10 you can get flawless looking skin. I heard so many great things about this foundation and I bought it last summer. This was THE only foundation I have ever tried from a drugstore. I was always so scared to try something from the drugstore because I was afraid I was going to break out. My skin is usually normal but there are certain products that will make my face blow up and look red. I apply this with my MAC 187 Brush and set it with either MAC`s Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus or Maybelline`s Dream Matte Powder in Medium Beige. The formula is very runny. There is not a pump so when I pour it out on the back of my hand, it runs! A little goes a long way.
2. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in M54 ($34 at Sephora). I purchased this foundation in January hoping to wear this to a wedding. I just wanted to find another option for a photo friendly foundation. I used to ALWAYS use NARS Sheer Glow for pictures but I wanted to see what else was out there. Initially, I thought about purchasing the MUFE HD Foundation but I tried that one years ago and was matched to the wrong shade and HATED it. This foundation has a thicker formula than any of my other foundations. It`s definitely full coverage. Good lasting power and makes my skin look perfect. I don`t have many skin issues but one that bugs me are my dark circles! This foundation does not require concealer. It is thick enough to spot on troubled areas and you`re good to go. I apply this foundation by spotting the foundation with my fingers on my face then I use my ELF Flat Top Powder Brush (Target $3) to buff and blend. My MAC 187 brush would not work because since the foundation has a thicker formula, it would pull out the hairs. I didn`t end up wearing this foundation to the wedding but I do use it on dates with the bf. In the picture above, this foundation looks the lightest but actually this foundation oxidizes and the foundation darkens a little bit.
3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 5.0 ($38 at Sephora). I decided to try this right when it came out last summer. I heard good things and wanted to see what the hype was all about. I like this foundation for the summer since it is so lightweight. It lasted through the hot and humid summer here in the Washington D.C. area. I tried wearing other foundations in the summer heat and my skin did not look good. This is a good foundation because it is so lightweight and I feel more comfortable wearing makeup. I don`t think I would repurchase this foundation again since it is so expensive. I think that the L`Oreal True Match is a better alternative. Both are lightweight and applies the same. I apply this with my MAC 187. Urban Decay`s Naked skin has No SPF! Perfect! Good for pictures.
4. NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli ($42 at Sephora). My mom and my sister purchased this for me on my 23rd birthday. For the past three years, I have loved this foundation. I went through three bottles in three years! I didn`t wear this on a daily basis but I always went to this foundation for special occasions. No SPF! I love foundations without SPF for picture taking purposes. I will always continue to repurchase this foundation. Stromboli is a tad bit dark for me in the winter (Hence, all of my recent foundation purchases). So worth the money. Easy to apply, easy to blend, and lasts for hours. I apply this foundation with my MAC 187.
5. Make Up Forever HD Foundation in N127 ($42 at Sephora). I recently became a Sephora VIB again and decided to use my 10% coupon for this foundation. I did purchase this foundation a loooong time ago and was matched to the wrong shade. I was matched for shade N123! Waaay to light. Returned it and never looked back...until yesterday. I went to Sephora with my boyfriend and he got it for me because I wanted to try it again. I was matched with shade N127 and this is the perfect match. I haven`t used it yet but I do remember using it years ago and noticed how easy it was to apply. Now that I have the right color, I can`t wait to start using it!
6. MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC30 ($27 at MAC). My first liquid foundation EVER. My first love. I used this foundation for years. I started wearing liquid foundation two years after just wearing normal powder foundation. MAC Studio Fix Powder was the only makeup I was using back then so naturally, I tried their liquid foundation. This was recommended to me by the MAC MUA I always went to. He matched me to an NC30 in the liquid foundation and the powder foundation. He was spot on. This shade has been my go to shade and has worked for me for years. This foundation is medium to full coverage and has good lasting power. Low SPF so it can work for photos. All around a good foundation. I`ll always have this in my makeup collection.
I always set my foundation with either MAC`s MSF in Medium Plus or Maybelline`s Dream Matte Powder in Medium Beige.
Do I have a favorite foundation? NARS Sheer Glow hands down! This foundation has never let me down. Do I have a least favorite? Yes! Urban Decay Naked Skin. It`s not like I don`t like it but I just don`t think it is as good as the other foundations I have tried.
I love foundations but I think I`ll chill on buying anymore. Let`s hope I get through ONE bottle before I purchase another. Somebody stop me.
Hope these shades work for you if you`re a MAC NC30/35. And if you have the same skin tone as me, please share your foundation finds :)
Source link: http://lenein.blogspot.com