Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! Last week I was able to haul most of the new Maybelline Matte lipsticks at my local Target and I just couldn`t wait to try them out! Since summer is almost ending, I wanted to try out the brightest shade I purchased which is `Mesmerizing Magenta.`
Price & Availability:
- I purchased this at Target for $5.49; it will probably be closer to $9 at the drugstores
Shade & Finish:
- `Mesmerizing Magenta` is a blue-based magenta
- The finish is matte
- Pretty opaque in one swipe, definitely more opaque with 2+ layers
- Same size and shape as all of the other Color Sensational lipsticks but the cap is a matte smoky purple (see last picture)
- Same as other Color Sensational lipsticks: Play Doh
- Good color range: They have nudes, brights, a red and a dark wine
- Very easy to apply: Doesn`t tug at the lips like many drier matte lipsticks
- Very comfortable to wear
- The range could use more colors, but maybe if the line is successful they will introduce more
This lipstick was one of the most comfortable matte lipsticks I have ever worn. It applied like a cream or shimmer lipstick; it glided over the lips without tugging or pulling which I was really surprised about. After wearing this lipstick for over six hours, my lips didn`t feel dried out and the color was still very apparent after some light drinking and eating. I didn`t wear a lipliner under this lipstick and didn`t notice any bleeding or feathering. Because the shade is brighter, it does have the tendency to stain, but it`s not so bad that you will have the stain the next day or anything.
Kudos to Maybelline for creating a comfortable matte lipstick! If you like matte lipsticks, or were interested in trying this finish, I would definitely recommend this line!
Thanks for reading!
My previous post (Maybelline Matte Lipsticks Haul): http://www.luuux.com/viz/haul-maybelline-matte-lipsticks-brow-gel
All images and content are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.
Come check out my blog sale: http://seralina.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-sale.html