Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I am sitting here thinking to myself, "didn`t I just do my January favorites?" February went by way to fast. February is one of my favorite months of the year so it saddens me that we are already in March.
I actually have a lot of favorites to show you this month. I guess you can say that February was the month of experimenting. I had a lot of ho hum products but these few products really stood out to me.
1. Cerave Moisturizing Lotion: My skin was breaking out like crazy so I decided to go back to basics. And by basics I mean affordable drugstore stuff. I still use my Mario Badescu products but I decided to incorporate other products into my daily routine. I hauled two different but similar moisturizers earlier last month but I decided to keep the Cerave and return the other one (unused or untested of course). I am so glad I kept this one because it has helped my skin a lot. I have not broken out since I started using this product and my face feels really soft. Price: $10.97 http://www.walmart.com/ip/CeraVe-Moisturizing-Lotion-12oz/13903363
2. Be fine food skin care exfoliating cleanser: I am a huge fan of Missglamorazzi (or Thegridmonster) on YT, and one of the products she always raves about is this one so I decided to give it a try. I use this once a week or whenever my skin needs it most. You can purchase this at a much cheaper cost on Amazon. $24.99 (but I paid $8) http://www.amazon.com/Befine-Exfoliating-Cleanser-Brown-Almond/dp/B001KFDHZE
3. Dickinson`s Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner: I think I found my HG toner. I love this stuff. Other toners are harsh on my skin and this one doesn`t irritate my skin at all. It also removes all traces of left over makeup that some cleansers do not get rid of. Its amazing. Its also great for other things too. $4.80 ? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dickinson-s-Original-Witch-Hazel-16-oz/20463901?adid=bzv_fb_revshr_001
4. Julep TopCoat For Hair shine spray: My hair is hardly ever shiny on its own so I need products such as this one. I love that its travel size so I can take it with me on the go. I received mine in my Julep Maven box but you can purchase it separately. $16.00 http://www.julep.com/all-products/julep-topcoat-for-hair
5. Sally Hansen Moisturizing Polish Remover for dry brittle nails: I love this stuff! My nails feel nice and smooth after using this unlike with other polish removers. My nails no longer feel as brittle as they once used to. Dirt cheap too. $2.00 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sally-Hansen-2493-Moisturizing-W-Vitamin-E-Aloe-Polish-Remover-8-fl-oz/10323286
6. Nars Multiple in Orgasm: I got this as part of a Nars set a will back but never really used it until now. I absolutely love it. Now I understand that hype on orgasm. Its a really pretty peachy pink color with some shimmer. Perfect for all skin tones in my opinion. Full size is $39 http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P191605
7. Nyx Lip Stick in Strawberry Milk: I own a gazillion Nyx lipsticks but this is one that I reach out for the most. Its such a pretty pink that somewhat reminds me of my Lady Gaga one by mac but slightly more wearable. $4.00 http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/lips/lipstick/round-lipstick
8. Avon Perfect eyebrow pencil in dark brown: Another holy grail item for me. I love how it has an eyebrow brush on one end and the liner on the other. Its also a huge pencil so you know you are getting a lot of product. Hence more bang for your buck. $6 (but always goes on sale for around $3) http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?newdept=&s=FeatProd&c=repPWP&otc=C201202PerfectEyebrowPencil&bnd=&pf_id=43535&level1_id=300&level2_id=301&pdept_id=312&dept_id=737&setlang=1&ym_mid=&ym_rid=
9. Avon glazewear dazzle lip gloss- I am not sure of the name of this one because I think it was a limited edition one that came in a set of three but I absolutely love this color. It is so pigmented and glossy and just perfect. Avon glazewear lip glosses are some of my favorite affordable lip glosses next to Revlon super lustruous. The are so pigmented, glossy and non sticky. Super affordable too since they always go on sale. $6 (right now they are 2 for $7.99 though ) http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=37553
10. SheerCover Duo Concealer: I got this as part of a promotion they are currently having. I have been using this concealer for years but stopped using it for a while when I got introduced to others but I recently went back to this one and I love it. http://www.sheercover.com/select_makeup_kit.php
Non Beauty FAVORITES:
1. BAG: Louis Vuitton Tivoli PM bag: This was my first LUUUX prize and although I didn`t get it 100% free (had to pay $200 in Customs), I absolutely love this bag and have received so many compliments. It looks great with everything.
2. BOOKS: Don`t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson: I believe Dulce Candy is whom I heard about these books from but they are amazing and very inspiring. I love to carry one in my bag to read it on the go.
3. HOUSEHOLD: Method Sweet Water Hand Wash: I am obsessed with the method brand. I own so many products from this brand but their hand wash has to be my favorite especially their foaming hand wash. I love that you can buy the refill bag for this too which means less garbage in our land fill. I purchase method at Target but I believe other stores carry this line as well.
4. HOME STUFF: Ikea Malm Dressing Table: I think out of everything I mentioned this month, this is my absolute favorite. we decided to turn my makeup room/office into a makeup/2nd guest bedroom because we both have large families and since we live over an hour away from most of them they tend to sleepover a lot. So I had to say goodbye to my makeup room. But it`s okay, this way we get more use out of this room. Here is my post about it: http://www.luuux.com/design/my-new-makeup-room-feat-ikea-malm-dressing-table
5. FOOD: Couscous: During the month of February my husband and I discovered out love for couscous. We love to mix it with black beans, corn, green onions, cilantro, serrano peppers and red and green peppers for a delicious side dish. Couscous has less calories than rice and it`s absolutely delicious. We make it all the time now. Here is out favorite recipe....we make it almost the same but we add finely diced serrano peppers to ours. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-and-couscous-salad/
That is all for this month`s favorites. What were your favorites this month? Did you have a non beauty related fave?