The other day, I decided to get some use out of two different palettes that I am trying to use up: my
tokidoki Sodashop palette and my
Wet `n` Wild Cool As A Cucumber palette. Here`s what I used from both palettes, along with some other products:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- tokidoki eyeshadow in Ciccio (bronzy-brown shade)
- Wet `n` Wild Eyelid eyeshadow from the Cool As A Cucumber palette (dark green shade)
- tokidoki eyeshado in Patatino (shimmery light beige shade)
- GOSH Extreme Art Eyeliner in 02
- NYX Liquid Eyeliner in Dark Brown
- e.l.f. Mascara Primer
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara
I was happy with how the eyeshadow turned out, but not so much with the eyeliner. I initially used the GOSH eyeliner, which is a shimmery bronze colour, but it didn`t stand out against the tokidoki Ciccio eyeshadow, which I should have known better than to do because they are practically the same colour! So I ended up applying my usual NYX eyeliner on top of it, lol. Also, as I was looking up the Cool As A Cucumber palette to see if the dark green eyelid shade had an official name, I cam across a http://deedee255.blogspot.ca/2010/11/derp-derp-dupe.html
that demonstrated that this shade is a pretty good dupe of MAC Humid. I mean, I`m sure the quality of the MAC shadow is better, but if you don`t want to shell out some dough for the MAC one, the Wet n Wild one is a pretty good option, I think. :) Have you discovered any dupes in your makeup collection? Do you seek out dupes, or save up and buy the real thing?
***Photos are my own; please do not take.