Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
If there is one thing I haven`t talked about much on here, it is hair care. Although I am constantly rambling on and on about makeup, hair care is another category that I am always trying new products in. Now that my hair has balayage highlights, I`m even more careful about the way that I style my hair, and more picky about the products I use! Fortunately I have a great selection of drugstore haircare products that I absolutely love, and I wanted to share them with all of you.
For reference: I have longish hair, but not super long, with a natural wave and medium thickness. My main concerns are reducing frizz, mending the look of my ends, and extending my style and color.
Now, let`s get into the products!
1. Suave Professionals Luxe Styling Infusion Weightless Blow Dry Spray: Do you ever feel like, when you`re blow drying your own hair, that your hair doesn`t listen to you? That no matter how many times you pass through your hair with the round brush to give your hair volume and curl your ends, your hair will not cooperate? This blow dry spray is what makes my hair listen to me! It gives me beautiful smoothness and shine, protects my hair from the heat, and really enhances the ability for my round brush to give my hair that flouncy, volumized look like I get in the salon. This product was about $6, and Suave Professionals products often go on sale at the drugstore, which is a plus!
2. Batiste Dry Shampoo: I`ve tried pretty much all of the dry shampoos available in the drugstore, and almost all of them have left me disappointed. They left my hair feeling crunchy, gritty and dirty, which is the opposite of what I expected from a dry shampoo! Worst of all, my hair even looked dirtier after using some drugstore dry shampoos. But Batiste was a breath of fresh air! I have the cool and crisp clean scent, which I absolutely love, and it makes my hair look and feel refreshed in the days between washing. Although this is not my HG dry shampoo (since my HG is a higher-end product that I will talk about in a future post), it is definitely the best from the drugstore and the price is right!
3. Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Deep Conditioning Shine Mask: Can you tell I`m a big fan of the Suave Professionals line?! Not pictured are my HG shampoo and conditioner, the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion line, since I ran out of them and have yet to replace them. Long story short, this line of hair care is awesome and is also really affordable! I love this deep conditioner because it makes my hair feel ultra hydrated and silky, and plus it smells amazing, like rich argan oil. I feel like this conditioner performs equally to more expensive deep conditioners and I highly recommend it for someone looking for a cheaper alternative. I like to use this about once every ten days, and especially after I have use a clarifying shampoo on my hair.
4. Not Your Mother`s Deja Vu Do Style Extender: Now that I have colored hair, I try all different ways to extend the time between washing to keep the color from fading. I love the Living Proof Prime Style Extender, but it is so expensive and I wanted to find a drugstore alternative. Fortunately, I love this Not Your Mother`s version just as much! I just use a quarter-sized dollop and distribute it through my towel-dried hair, making sure to get enough of it near my roots. I am always squeamish about adding product near my roots because I`m afraid it will make my hair look weighed down or greasy, but this product does the opposite. It somehow absorbs the oils of my scalp and keeps my hair looking awesome for longer! I believe I bought this for around $8, which is far more reasonable than Living Proof!
5. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector: One thing that it is SO important when it comes to styling hair is protecting it from heat! I will not use a hot tool on my hair unless it is somehow protected first, and sticking to this rule has greatly improved the health and look of my hair. This spray from Garnier is one of my favorites, since it makes my hair look ultra shiny and smooth due to having argan oil infused into it. I only need the littlest bit to smooth and protect my hair, and it really smells amazing too. I purchased this product from Walgreen`s for about $4 and it was money very well spent!
Those are my top 5 hair styling products from the drugstore! I do love my high end products but the drugstore has so many amazing and affordable products that I can`t help but love them and want to try to collect them all!
What do you all do for your haircare routine? Are any of these products your favorite too? Let me know in the comments below! :)
(image is mine and exclusive to http://luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp drugstore haircare suave garnier