Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I absolutely love DIYs ! I came across this interesting DIY by the awesome website Honestly WTF :) Here they explain how to make your own evil eye - sliding knot bracelet.
As stated in the post, the evil eye symbol is thought to protect against negative energy and evil powers. I`ve seen many different jewelry pieces with this particular symbol, and it`s quite interesting.
Anyways the materials needed for this project are:
- evil eye or hamsa charm
- 12 inches of chinese knotting cord
Here are the instructions as stated by the author:
1. Thread 4 inches of cord through one side of the charm. Fold 2 inches of cord back on itself and then again to create a zig zag.
2. Fold an inch of the tip down over the parallel cords. Coil the cord three times towards the loop.
3. Thread the tip through the opening of the left loop.
4. Push the coil to the left and pull the tip until the knot is tight. Test the adjustable knot by sliding it towards the base of the charm. The excess cord will be trimmed later.
5. Thread the other end of the cord through the opposite side of the charm and create the same zig zag.
6. Coil the tip around all the cords three times and thread the tip through the loop.
7. Push the coil to the left and pull the tip until the knot is tight. Trim both ends, leaving approximately 2-3mm.
8. Melt the ends with a lighter.
9. AND YOU`RE DONE :)
I am definitely trying out this DIY project !!! Very unique and interesting :)
So try it out !
Do you like this DIY? Do you own any evil eye jewelry?
* PHOTOS ARE NOT MINE!
* ORIGINAL POST by HONESTLY WTF