Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
This is a late post but you can still make these lanterns to celebrate Chinese New Year with this very quick and easy paper lantern. My art class made these lanterns on Chinese New Year, it doesn`t take much time and you don`t need much supplies. The 5-6 year olds thought this was super easy and completed their lanterns in less than 15 minutes. This would be fun to do with children or with your family. It can be used to decorate your house or for any occasion.
<strong>What you need:</strong>
1 8 1/2x11 sheet of red paper
1. Cut a 1cm wide strip from your sheet of paper. (cut the longer side of the paper) this will be your handle so set it aside for later.
2. Now fold your paper in half length wise (hot dog style)
3. Begin cutting strips of about 1 inch from the folded side, don`t cut all the way, leave about a inch and a half from the top of the paper.
4. Now open your piece of paper and staple the sides of your paper together. It should look like a lantern already.
5. Finally, staple the handle on the top.
<strong>What did you think about this project? Would you try this or have you made this before?</strong>