Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Ombre has become a very popular fabric design lately, and I thought this would be a great thing to do. It is a lot cheaper than buying an expensive pair of ombre jeans that are already done!
What you will need:
1. 3 spray bottles
2. colored dye of your choice
3. a pair of white denim jeans
4. 1-2 garbage bags
1. find a flat surface, preferably outside where you won`t get anything valuable stained by the dye. Lay the garbage bag down on the flat surface, where you will be working.
2. fill up your 3 spray bottles with about 10oz. of warm water. Label each bottle #1 (the darkest), #2 (the middle shade), and #3 (the lightest shade).
3. Take bottle #1 and poor about 1.5 tbsp. of dye into the bottle. Shake.
4. Take bottle #2 and poor about half as much dye as you did for bottle #1. Shake.
5. Take bottle #3 and poor about 2 drops of dye into the water. Shake.
What to do:
1. Soak the jeans in warm water, then ring out the excess water.
2. Lay the jeans flat on the garbage bag
3. Take bottle #1 and start to spray the top of the jeans, near the waistline, so that the color fully covers the white of the jeans.
4. Very carefully flip over the jeans, and repeat.
5. Take bottle #2 and start to blend the colors by spraying more of bottle #2 over the dye youve already sprayed resulting in an ombre effect.
6. carefully flip over the jeans and repeat.
7. Take bottle #3 and spray, like you did before, ending about 4-5 inches above the ends of the "feet."
8. flip over and repeat
Once you are done:
1. let the jeans dry for 24 hours. **If you do not want the dye to bleed when you wash them, add salt to your dye and let the jeans dry for 48 hours.
2. wash the jeans (on cold) with no detergent.
You are done! YES That was a very long DIY, but they are worth it and very cute! I hope you like it! ^-^v