Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I have been seeing elastic hair ties everywhere. I honestly didn`t think they were any different than regular hair ties but after trying one for a couple weeks, i ended up loving them! I decided to make my own since they were so expensive to buy in stores.
Heres are some tips:
- You can buy the printed elastic at Joanns or other online retailers
- Buy by the yard or in bulk for a better deal
- Choose the fold over elastic thats 5/8 wide
What you need to make them:
What to do:
- measure your elastic to 9-10 inches and cut (a yard can be cut into 4 equal pieces)
- tie the end together with a knot
- use a lighter to seal the end so it prevents fraying
This is a very quick, cheap,and easy project to do at home. I got an amazing deal on the elastic and only spent around $10 for over 100 pieces of hair ties. It may seem like a lot but its actually a good deal compared to stores that sell the already made ones for $10 for 4-5 pieces. It did take me awhile to make them because i had a lot to do but i could have finished earlier if i had less to work with.
Feel free to ask me any question about this project!
What do you think about these elastic hair ties?
Would you try this project at home?