Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
A while ago I went to a garage sale and picked up an old wooden end table for $8. It had a lot of stains and scratches on it, so I decided to revamp it! I had a bunch of old knock-off Pokemon cards from when I was little, so I though I would put them to good use! If you want to create a similar table or piece of furniture, here are the supplies you`ll need:
* A table or other piece of furniture
* Playing cards, photos, or fabric; anything you`d like to decorate your table with
* Colored paint
* Paint brushes
* Clear acrylic top coat
* Sand paper
* Paint remover
* Plastic scrubbies, old cloths and paint scrapers
1) If your furniture has a gloss or paint on it, paint on a thick layer of paint remover and follow the directions on the can accordingly to clean off the furniture. I used plastic dish scrubbies, old cloths and a blunt tipped paint scraper to remove the old paint.
2) After removing any paint, sand the top of the furniture where you would like to place your cards or pattern with a rough grain sand paper. This will help your items stick better!
3) Using a paint brush, slather acrylic paint on the back of your cards, pictures, fabric etc. and lay it on the table, pressing down firmly. Let dry.
4) After the acrylic underneath the decoration has dried, apply thin layers of acrylic over the top of it. I did about four coats. This will make it look glossy and pretty and will also protect the decorative piece underneath!
5) Take your colored paint and paint the legs of your table or any other part of your furniture that has not been decorated.
Voile! You have an awesome, unique piece of furniture! I love Pokemon and this was a huge hit with all of my friends!
Photos and text are my own.
Source link: http://www.luuux.com/members/elizabeth-cook