Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hey guys! This is a cool DIY Glass tutorial! Inst this cool? I am going to try this out. I also started researching it on YouTube and found other methods to making cups our of other types of glasses (Wine Bottle. Liquor bottles) Very interesting. Here is a simple version of doing it. Let me know what you think. Please be careful trying out this DIY. Make sure a parent is present.
nail polish remover
sink full of ice water
1. Wrap the cotton yarn around your bottle 5-6 times, tie and cut ends. You can also braid three pieces together and tie that around the bottle. I actually had better results using the braided yarn.
2. Slide yarn off of the bottle.
3. Dip yarn in nail polish remover. I filled a bowl with nail polish remover and let the yarn sit in it for a few seconds to make sure it was fully saturated.
4. Slide the wet yarn back onto the bottle. NOTE: The bottle will be cut wherever you place the yarn, so make sure it is as straight as possible.
5. Holding the bottle sideways from the mouth, light the yarn on fire. ****Please please be careful!**** Only the wet yarn will be lit on fire and the flame is very well controlled.
6. Rotate the bottle in circles as the yarn is on fire for 20-30 seconds so that all parts of the bottle warm evenly.
7. Holding each end of the bottle, submerge in cold water and watch the bottle parts separate.
8. Use sand paper to smooth rough edges.
The hardest part about this project is getting the cut in the right spot. Because the Corona logo goes up so high, you dont have much room to work with. The glass on the neck of the bottle is thicker and harder to cut using this method.
I DO NOT OWN PHOTO
Please be careful trying out this DIY. Make sure a parent is present.