Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
This is a very easy, inexpensive way to do an art project with children! All you need are rocks, paint, and some other little things to enhance your bugs. I chose to just add googley eyes.
Here`s what to do:
1. Have children pick out some rocks, this can be from the yard or go on a walk and pick up rocks along the way.
2. Wash and dry the rocks.
3. Have children decide what bugs they want to create out of their rocks. You can show them pictures or have them create their own kind of bug.
4. Have children paint the base color of the bug.
5. Let the paint dry before adding the next layer.
6. Add any decorations by using glue to glue those items down.
7. Let dry and see your finished bug!
The bugs can be placed in the garden or on a windowsill. They are easy and children seem to have lots of fun trying to create their own kind of bug. Its a perfect project to do over spring break!
What do you think of this project? Would you try it or recommend it to someone? What kind of bug would you create?