Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
What are Lush shower jellies? They`re seaweed based "solid" shower gels. Basically a shower gel in Jello-like consistency. You can wash your body with the bar as a whole or cut off a little piece and use it with a loofah sponge. It lathers up like a regular shower gel and you can even drop a piece into your bath for a luxurious bubble bath.
What you`ll need:
2 packets of gelatin (Lush uses a seaweed base so you can also use 2 tablespoons of agar agar, a seaweed gelatin substitute)
3/4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup shower gel
1 teaspoon salt
A mixing bowl
A square pan for the mold
*Optional* Scented or essential oils, glitter, small plastic toys
1) Pour the packets of gelatin into the bowl. (Most recipes call for one packet but I found that using two gives a more firm consistency)
2) Slowly pour in the hot water
3) Stir until gelatin dissolves
4) Add 1/2 cup of your favorite shower gel and stir
5) *Optional* Put a few drops of your favorite scented or essential oils.
Or try this bartending trick I learned. Hold a lighter to an orange peel and burn until drops of orange oil start to fall for a nice citrus scented jelly.
6) Put one or two drops of food coloring and stir
7) Add the salt and stir
8) Pour into a square mold
Or you can try any other molds you have.Optional: Add glitter
Or plastic toys
9)Place in refrigerator to set
Wait a few hours and VOILA!
I just took a shower with my new shower jelly and it smells amazing and works great!
*picture is mine*