Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Che Banh Lot (cendol jelly) is a popular vietnamese dessert that can be found at almost all vietnamese restaurants. It`s very similar to the popular filipino dessert, buko pandan, since both desserts consists of pandan and coconut. I loooove banh lot, but i only eat it when i go out to vietnamese restaurants which is not too often :( Yesterday, i went to my aunt`s house and she decided to make it! yaaaay :D I forgot the name of the ingredients that my aunt used so i just found a similar recipe online.
1 cup rice flour
2 tbsp mung bean starch (can use tapioca starch)
3 3/4 cup red limestone water or white limestone water
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 tsp pandan paste
3-4 drops green food coloring
1 can coconut milk + 2 tbsp sugar +1/4 c water + 1 tbsp cornstarch + dash salt
250 gram palm sugar + 1 slap brown candy sugar + 4 cup water
1. Mix rice flour, mung bean starch, 3 3/4 cup red limestone water, salt, pandan paste, and green color together. Mix well.
2. Microwave the mixture 1 minute at a time until the mixture is slightly thickened. Each time take the mixture out and stir well with chopsticks. Do not let it too dry or too watery. Too dry of the mixture will make the cendol soft.
3. Have a large bowl of ice and add in some cold water. Now quickly pour the rice mixture in the ricer and press lightly to desire length. The cendol should fall freely in the water when you press it. Continue until all mixture is gone. Add more ice if water is warm. The cold water is very important for the hot mixture to harden. Drain the cendol out of the ice water and serve with syrup, ice, and coconut milk. (Note: must work quick before the mixture gets harden. Once harden it, your cendol will not come out smooth.)
4. Cook the coconut milk mixture until slightly thicken.
5. Boil the palm sugar, rock sugar, and 4 cups water until slightly thicken.
6. Put some cendol in a cup. Add in 2-3 tbsp syrup and coconut milk. Serve cold.
<strong>Have you tried this?
Whats your favourite traditional dessert?</strong>
[ *picture is mine, please do not take it. ]