Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
So I`m back with my third dessert which is the chocolate ice cream roll. This is somewhat related to my first dessert post I made with the chocolate tortilla ice cream enchilada, but there are some parts that are different. This dessert looks and I`m pretty sure is a deeeeeeelish dish, & can be made for anyone and for any event. So, let`s get started. ;)
The Nutritional Facts for this recipe:
1 serving (1 slice) equals -
- 377 calories
- 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat)
- 118 mg cholesterol
- 226 mg sodium
- 62 g carbohydrate
- 1 g fiber
- 6 g protein.
For this dessert, you will need:
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup sugar divided
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 tablespoon confectioners` sugar
1 quart cookies and cream ice cream, softened
As for the frosting:
2 cups confectioners` sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Now the steps to make this delicious treat! :
1) Gathering the egg whites of the eggs you hopefully separated, put them in a large, separate bowl, and leave them in room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2) Then, get a greased baking pan (about 15in x 10in x 1in) and line some wax paper on it. Be sure to grease the wax paper too and set that alone for now.
3) Afterwards, in the bowl you separated the egg YOLKS in, add baking soda and salt and mix until the mixture is slightly thickened. Also, be sure to mix in extracts. Then, add 1/2 cup of sugar, and mix in high speed until the mixture turns into a color that somewhat looks like yellow. Next, sprinkle some flour and cocoa two times together to the yolk mixture and keep mixing. The mixture must be thick.
4) Next, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until soft bubbles start to show up. When the bubbles start showing up, add the remaining amount of sugar (1 teaspoon at a time) to the yolk and start mixing the mixture until the soft bubbles start showing up again. Then, fold the mixture into a batter and spread it onto the greased pan.
5) Bake the mixture at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, turn a towel inside out and dust it with confectioners` sugar. Then, gently peel the wax paper off and roll up the cake with the towel in like a `jelly-roll motion` starting from the shorter side. Using a wire rack, be sure to cool completely.
6) Unroll the cake and evenly spread ice cream within 1 inch of the edges and roll up the cake again. Cover and freeze the roll until it is firm.
7) To make the frosting, add in confectioners` sugar and cocoa in a large bowl and beat in the milk, butter and vanilla until everything is smooth. Spread the frosting all over cake roll and cut it into slices. Feel free to freeze the leftovers!
*This recipe can make about 10 servings.*
So, that`s basically all you have to do to make this delicious treat! I`ll be honest, the steps on how to make it, did kind of confuse me while I was paraphrasing it, so if you want to know more information, be sure to check out the source link below. So I hope you enjoyed today`s dessert recipe! Thanks for reading. 8D