Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hey luuuxers! (:
Before I start with the second dessert recipe, I just wanted to thank you guys for all the likes&comments you guys made to my first dessert post! You guys won`t know how much one comment or one like would mean to me. :`D
Now, regardless that, let`s get started on this recipe!c:
Although, they don`t look so tasty, I`ve heard pretty good reviews about these low calorie spiced apple butter bran muffins! But like some people would say, we shouldn`t "judge a book by its cover" should we? o:
Anywhoo, I think the BEST part about this recipe is that it`s very low in calorie (compared to other desserts) and it would be the perfect dessert if you`re craving any kind of dessert. :)
Before we really start, here is some background information about the nutritional facts:
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 38g
Dietary Fiber: -----
Now for the ingredients! You will need:
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 3/4 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup(s) unprocessed wheat bran or oat bran
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup(s) spiced apple butter
- 1/2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar, or 1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 cup(s) finely diced peeled apple
Steps to make this delicious treat^^:
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and coat 12 standard 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with cooking spray. Then, place the raisins in a small bowl and cover them with hot water and set them aside for now.
2) Afterwards, whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir in bran.
3) Next, whisk egg, milk, apple butter, brown sugar (or Splenda), oil and molasses in a large bowl until blended. Also, make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
4)Then, drain the raisins; add them and the diced apple to the bowl and stir until everything is just combined.
5) Afterwards, scoop the batter into the prepared pan (the cups will be very full).
6) Next, bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly, for about 18 to 22 minutes. Let everything cool in the pan for 5 minutes and loosen the edges and turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
7) Lastly, wrap leftover muffins individually in plastic wrap, and place them in a plastic storage container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 1 month. To thaw, remove plastic wrap, and wrap in a paper towel and microwave on Defrost for about 2 minutes.
And you`re done!! (:
So, that`s basically all you have to do for this recipe! I hope you enjoyed this second dessert recipe, and thanks for reading! ;)
****Also, the picture shown above is mine.****