Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Happy Holidays, Luuuxers!
I hope you are all getting into the holiday spirit, no matter what holiday you celebrate! I love the holidays especially because I love doing festive makeup! I thought I would share a beautiful gold eye look that I love doing. It is great because it is so versatile--all you have to do is change up your look and you can go from day to night, sweet to glam!
To create this eye look, I mostly used shadows from the LORAC Skinny Nude Palette that I recently hauled from Nordstrom Rack. Guys, this palette was $15 and the colors are incredible. If you see this at Nordstrom Rack, snatch it up, you seriously won`t regret it!
1. I primed my lids with my favorite shimmery primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
2. Starting with the crease, I used a fluffy brush to blend in the warm matte brown shade from the palette (sorry, the shades don`t have names!). I blended it from the outer corner all the way in towards the inner corner, but concentrated the color on the outside corner.
3. Then, using the shimmery champagne gold shade from the palette, I patted it all over the lid and into the inner corner near the tear duct.
4. I then took one of the pigments from the MAC Objects of Affection pigment set, in a shade called English Gilt and, using a dampened flat brush, patted the pigment in the center of my lid to add a bit more sparkle.
5. I lined my top and bottom lash lines using Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion, which is my favorite matte black liner. I then smudged the outside edge using a Q-tip.
6. On top of the liner, I used my Too Faced Starry Eyed glitter eyeliner in Stalkerazzi to add some more sparkle to this festive look
7. For my lashes, I used my all time favorite drugstore mascara, L`Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. (I wanted to use fake lashes but I lost my lash glue...grr!)
And that was it for the eyes! It looks really glamorous and draws attention to the eyes, but at the same time, it is a very easy and surprisingly quick look to do.
1. For the nude lip, I used my Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Creme and topped it with the Buxom Full On Lip Cream in White Russian, a beautiful creamy nude gloss that stays for a really long time.
2. For the red lip, I used the Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil in Winterberry, which is a shade that came in the Sephora limited edition Best Bite Remix set. (If you haven`t picked up this set yet, go run to your closest Sephora and get it! It`s $25 for four of these pencils in a little souvenir tin, and all of the shades are incredible.)
As you can see, the nude lip is pretty, but the berry-red lip just brings the look to a different level of festive, perfect for a holiday party!
**THE REST OF MY FACE**
1. For foundation, I blended in my Givenchy Teint Couture foundation with my Beauty Blender, which by the way, I just got around to trying and I LOVE it!
2. I brightened and concealed under my eyes using the MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW15, again using the Beauty Blender to blend it in
3. I set my foundation with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
4. For blush, I used MAC Margin, which is probably my most-used blush of all time
5. As a highlight, I swept Mac Soft and Gentle on the tops of my cheeks and down my nose
And that`s it for the complete look!
I hope you all enjoyed learning about this look, or that you try it yourself! I`d love to hear how it worked for you!
Have any of you done gold eye looks this holiday season? Have you tried the LORAC Skinny palettes yet? What do you think about these lip combos? Let me know in the comments! :)
(images are mine and exclusive to http://luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp lorac mac bitebeauty lips