Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I get asked quite often how I do my makeup, what products I use, my thoughts on particular products, etc. But, before we get into tutorials, monthly favorites, and product reviews.. we should start at square one. MY SKIN CARE ROUTINE! :)
Determine your skin type and buy skin care products to suit your skin type, this is an incredibly important step! If you purchase and use products that aren`t appropriate for your skin, they will be ineffective, and can further damage your skin. Also remember to take into consideration specific issues that your skin may have, such as acne.
All through out my teens I had oily skin, and with oily skin comes larger pores that are more noticeable, and make you more prone to blemishes. Now in my twenties my skin is "combination" skin, which by definition is a taste of just about every skin type. With combination skin you tend to get oily around your nose, chin, and forehead area, while being dry around your cheeks.
After trying many different brands and products I have established an affordable and effective skin care regimen!
Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
($6.47 9.1 FL OZ @ Walmart)
Neutrogena Deep Clean [Long-Last Shine Control] Cleanser/Mask
($5.97/6.97 6 FL OZ @ Walmart)
Clairisonic Mia Cleansing System
($100-170 @ Sephora)
- Start off by washing your hands! This is an important step in preventing the transfer of any bacteria to your face.
- Wet your face with warm water to help open up the pores.
- Apply a quarter size of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser/Mask into the palm of your hand and massage it into your skin upwards. Some products will work best if you leave it for a minute to allow it to "soak up" all the oil/dirt, during this time continue to massage in the cleanser!
- Finish off by rinsing with cold water to close up all the pores and dry your face by gently dabbing with a soft towel.
NIGHT (BEFORE BED!)
- Once all your makeup has been removed, start off by again, washing your hands.
- Wet your face with warm water to re-open all your pores.
- Apply one or two pumps of the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash onto a wash cloth OR Clairisonic Mia and massage into your skin in an upwards fashion. (Again, remember that some products work best if allowed to sit for a couple minutes! The Clairisonic already has a timer.)
- Rinse with warm water. Make sure to get ALL of the product off of your skin, any left over product can cause irritation.
- REPEAT THE STEPS FOR OUR MORNING ROUTINE!
Remember to stick to your routine. Your skin needs to get used to the frequency of being treated and the products you`re using!