Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
3 years ago
* Photo is my own
So I received some handmade soaps from a contest and never tried them prior! I wanted to research some differences between the two and compile a short list.
- Made in huge batches so cost effective
- Locally available
- Generally has a good balance of lathering ingredients and cleaning ingredients
- Companies remove the glycerin used in the soap to use in other products
- Generally contains alkali (in the form of sodium) = drying
- Most ingredients are not beneficial to the skin
- More easily customized
- Has personal attention
- Does not contain fillers
- Detergents rarely added
- Naturally occuring glycerin is maintained
- Most likely contains essential oils for fragrance
- Made with natural oils
- More effort to obtain
- Most likely will cost more
- May not last as long - no preservatives or few natural preservatives
Perhaps you love Lush but I`ve never tried it . My experience (I`ve tried one) is that handmade stuff smells great, lathers great, but leaves my skin more waxy (perhaps that is not the right word). However I will try more and see how they turn out. Do you use handmade soaps?