Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I usually don`t post these types of posts. But this is just too good not to share. I don`t really eat too much steak, but I sure don`t mind it either. This recipe for Coffee-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce is from Food & Wine. I`ve never had anything that is "Coffee Rubbed". But I`m willing to try given how it looks and it`s marked as the Best Steak by them.
Please like and comment!
Recipe is not mines from below link:
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 small shallot, minced
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons finely ground dark-roast coffee beans
2 tablespoons chile powder
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Four 10-ounce strip steaks
1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/2 cup snipped chives
1 small shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
Freshly ground pepper
1. MAKE THE CHIMICHURRI In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegars with the olive oil and sugar. Stir in the shallot, parsley, cilantro, chives and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Let the chimichurri stand for at least 20 minutes and for up to 2 hours.
2. MEANWHILE, PREPARE THE STEAK In a small bowl, mix the ground coffee with the chile powder, brown sugar, paprika, cumin and salt. Pat the steaks all over with the coffee-chile rub and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan; oil the grates or pan. Grill the steaks over moderate heat, turning once, until they`re nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, 11 to 13 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. MAKE THE SALAD In a large bowl, toss the cilantro, parsley, chives and shallot. Add 3 tablespoons of the chimichurri, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat the herbs.
5. Thinly slice the steaks and arrange on the platter; spoon some of the chimichurri on the meat. Serve with the herb salad. Pass the remaining chimichurri on the side.
The chimichurri sauce can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.