Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
*picture is NOT mine; from source link below*
Hello cookie lovers!
Have you ever wondered what made a cookie so chewy and delicious? Lately, I`ve been trying to figure out that ONE ingredient that makes chocolate cookies very chewy. Just yesterday I found this recipe and it consisted of "cornstarch", at first I was a little spectacle but I gave it a try, and yup. I found that ONE ingredient that makes it chewy. Cornstarch. I thought I would share with you this yummy and chewy recipe with you all! I mean who doesn`t love a chewy chocolate cookie? :)
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.
Sounds easy? Well give it a try & enjoy those warm yummy and chewy chocolate chip cookies!
Do you like your cookies chewy or not chewy? Will you give this recipe a try? Tell me down below!