Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Enjoy this my friends, you can make these Caribbean Saltfish Fritters by following the easy quick steps listed below..
6 oz Salted cod (boneless and skinless)
1 small Tomato, finely chopped
3 Tbsp Red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 medium Onion
1 tsp Pepper sauce
1 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 tsp Dried thyme
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Salt (if needed)
1 cup Water
1 1/3 cup Flour
1 cup Vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Soak salted cod for 4 hours in cold water to remove some of the salt. Drain and break or cut into small pieces.
2. Mix salted cod, tomato, red pepper, onion, pepper sauce, ketchup, thyme and black pepper together in a bowl.
3. Add 1 cup of water to mixture and stir
4. Add flour and mix to make batter
5. Pour vegetable oil into non-stick frying pan
Soften the spring onions, onion, garlic (?) and chilli in a little oil until soft but not coloured. Add to a bowl with the salt fish and parsley. Beat the flour, milk and eggs together in a separate bowl until smooth then combine with the fish mixture. Season with black pepper (no salt).
Heat a 2cm depth groundnut oil in a skillet or frying pan and drop tablespoons of batter in, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and serve.