Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Cake Pops seem to be all the rage right now in the baking world so I decided to give them a try.
<strong>Supplies I Used:</strong>
Yellow Wilton Candy Melts (comes in many colours and tastes like white chocolate)
Wilton Lollipop Sticks
Tim Horton`s Timbits (old fashion, unglazed)
Wilton Sprinkle Set:
hearts (beak, bowtie)
sprinkles (hair and eyebrows)
all these can be found at Michael`s Arts & Crafts.
<strong>How to Make Cake Pops:</strong>
1. bake a standard sponge cake (any flavour you like)
2. crumble the cake with your fingers
3. mix with a bit of frosting (as little as possible, just to make the cake stick together)
4. mould them into little balls
5. refrigerate so the batter is cool
6. melt candy melts in the microwave in a mug or deep bowl
7. assemble balls onto lollipop sticks
8. dip them in (don`t swirl the cake pop around in the candy melt, it will probably fall off the stick. instead, use a spoon to scoop the candy melt all over your cake pop)
9. decorate your heart out!
<strong>alternative to the first 5 steps:</strong>
use cake mix
buy donut holes from your local bakery/donut shop (which is what I did to prevent messing up the cake part!)
<strong><em>PHOTOS ARE MY OWN, PLEASE DON`T STEAL.</em></strong>