Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! It`s been a long time since I`ve posted an eye look, mostly because I don`t remember to take pictures of what I`m wearing for the day. This time is different, as I was not going anywhere and specifically did this look for a camera.
Although I`m not engaged yet, my boyfriend and I have been together for several years now and will probably get married within the next two years; so in an effort to cut down on potential wedding costs I have decided that I will do my own makeup instead of hiring a makeup artist, and to make sure that everything turns out like a professional would have done, I have been practicing different color combinations and photographing them to see how they turn out.
A tip that I learned from Michelle Phan in one of her videos is: if you are going to be taking pictures that involve flash (weddings, parties, etc.) be sure to apply your makeup a little more intensely than normal because the flash will drown out some of the color. Her recommendation is about 20% more than you normally would apply. That may be relative depending on how much makeup you wear anyway, so I would say practice applying it and take pictures of it to see if it shows up.
This eye look involves only one palette, the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and I think this look would be great for most skintones and for almost any wedding. I wanted something that didn`t depart too far from what I would normally wear, just something more intense and glam. If you don`t have the Naked Basics palette you can easily substitute the shades with anything else that is similar in your collection.
For the eyes:
1. Prime with your favorite eyeshadow primer. This will help the shadows be more vibrant and last all day. I have super oily lids so this step is a must, even on a regular day!
2. Apply `Venus` (a shimmery white) to the entire lid
3. Apply `Naked2` (a matte light taupe) to the crease. Since I was going to apply false lashes, I brought the color higher (closer to the brow bone) than I normally would because the lashes will hide the shades closer to the lash line.
4. Apply `Faint` (a matte medium brown) to the crease under `Naked2.` Again, blend up a little so it can be seen over the lashes
5. Apply `Crave` (a matte black) to the outer corner and blend up a little
6. Apply `Foxy` (a matte yellow-toned beige) to the brow bone to highlight. If you have a cooler skintone, use `Walk of Shame.`
7. Apply Milani Bella Eyes eyeshadow in `Bella Chiffon` (a white with gold shimmer) to the inner corner of the eyes to highlight
8. Line your eyes with eyeliner. I use a gel or liquid liner because of the extra precision and drama. A wing is optional.
9. Apply your favorite mascara. I would recommend waterproof since you never know if there`s going to be tears.
9. False eyelashes are also optional, but if you want a bit more glam on your big day go for it! Apply some mascara afterwards to blend your real lashes with the fake ones.
For the rest of the face:
- Foundation: Revlon ColorStay Whipped foundation in `Sand Beige.` Try to use a foundation with low SPF or none at all. The SPF will cause the flash from cameras to bounce light back, resulting in a white cast in your pictures.
- Concealer: Revlon ColorStay concealer in `Light`
- Setting powder: Coty Airspun loose powder in `Transluscent - Extra Coverage`
- Contour: MAC sculpting powder in `Shadowy` (MAC PRO product, can only be purchased at a PRO store, online at http://maccosmetics.com or over the phone)
- Bronzer: theBalm Bahama Mama
- Blush: Rock & Republic blush in `Bedroom` (discontinued, but it`s a matte dark peach)
- Highlight: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in `Incandescent Light` (exclusively available in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette)
- Brows: NYX eyebrow gel (the MUFE aqua brow dupe) in `Black`
Thanks for reading!
All images and content are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.