Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I recently got into running (and all things healthy, hello new year!) and saw this article on Skinny Mom that I had to share. It`s hard enough kicking myself to start running but if I eat the wrong foods, I`m definitely a hundred times more sluggish. Thankfully, there are a couple of easy to find foods that can help me (and you) have my best run yet. I condensed the list Skinny Mom has and got all the main details down for you here. Check out the full article if you want more info though!
1. Bananas: Aid in muscle function and keeps your nutrient levels high for your run.
2. Whole wheat bagels with jelly: This combination of simple and complex carbs will keep your energy up for the duration of your run.
3. Oranges: Provides you with your daily dose of Vitamin C to keep your energy up.
4. Greek yogurt: Contains large amounts of protein and carbs. Easy on your stomach before your intense workouts.
5. Avocado with crackers: This healthy fat will give you an energy boost when your carb levels are low.
6. Oatmeal: Filling and provides your body with carbohydrates and energy!
7. Berries: Loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, and are low in sugar.
8. Water: Make sure to keep hydrated!! Water improves your performance, making it easier and more effective and also acts as your bodys cooling system!
Happy running y`all! :)