Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Summer is here and with it comes a more relaxed get-up-go approach to hair.
So it looks like were waving goodbye to the ironed-flat Brazilian Blow-out and relaxers and saying Hello curls, or in Halles words, This is what you call wash-and-wear beach hair. Its ready to go!
Singers Brandy Norwood and Solange Knowles have also gone for grown-out bouncy curls recently, but whether your ringlets are real or have been given a helping hand with a curling iron or hair extensions, the secret is a great conditioner according to stylist Oscar James, whose clients include Tyra Banks, Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, Iman and Beyonce.
Its paramount that you start with deep conditioner always, he says. Deep conditioning means healthy hair.
* Here are Oscars tips for a great head of curls:
* Shampoo the hair, give it a great conditioner and use heat on it.
* Then rinse and blow it dry. I dont really use a product before blowing out because when you put heat on a product, hair tends to look oily.
* Use a quarter-size iron to curl all around in no real pattern, and curl it haphazardly to get free-form curls in all directions.
* Finish with a holding spray and a little pomade to give shine and texture and help the curls stay where you put them.