Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
This banana cake recipe is the original, the one we tested in our little kitchen until it was perfect. It`s the authentic, trusted delicious banana cake recipe that won`t have you worrying about the end result. It`s our very own moist banana cake with cream cheese frosting, the cake to serve at the end of memorable meals!
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
3 pureed bananas, very ripe
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 stick butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13" baking pan or two 9" layer cake pans.
2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.
3. To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour (alternating, beginning and ending with flour).
4. Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.
5. Bake layer cakes (9") for 25-30 minutes, oblong (9x13") for 35-40 minutes.
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake.
*images do NOT belong to me, please see source link below for more information*