Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
The other day, I finished a good, long workout, and I wanted to make something that was going to be tasty and satisfying, but also still healthy--I mean, I didn`t want to ruin my workout by eating something dense and unhealthy!
My mind instantly went to avocado! Avocados are considered a `super food` because of many reasons:
-They are high in protein
-They contain over 25 vitamins and minerals, including more potassium than a banana (!)
-They contain `good fats` that help to lower cholesterol and improve the health of your brain, skin, and hair, among other things
-They work as an anti-inflammatory
Need I say more?! Avocados are amazing for you and everyone should be integrating them into their diet! For now, I will show you my current favorite way to eat avocado: on an open faced sandwich with goat cheese and honey! Avocados are what I call my `desert island` food because I would bring these with if I could only eat one food while stranded on an island. I am constantly craving this dish and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
(Psst...check out the second image to see some more helpful pictures!)
What You Will Need:
1. A sesame bagel (or whatever kind of bread you prefer), sliced in half
2. A ripe avocado (you know it is ripe when it is soft and squishy!)
3. Fresh crumbled goat cheese
4. Clover Honey
5. A butter knife
I got all of my ingredients from Trader Joe`s, my favorite grocery store, but these foods are readily available at all major supermarkets.
1. Carefully slice a bagel into two halves and place them in the toaster until they get slightly golden brown.
2. Cut an avocado length-wise in half and remove the pit
3. Slice the avocado with a butter knife into thin, long pieces, while it is still in its skin
4. Scoop out the slices using your butter knife, being careful not to mash up the avocado too much, and place them on top of the bagel
5. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the slices
6. Coat the entire creation with clover honey
7. Eat and ENJOY!
The creaminess of the goat cheese complements the avocado so nicely, while the honey gives the whole thing a kick of sweetness. The three things seem like an unusual mixture of ingredients, but I promise it is DELICIOUS!
You could always change up this recipe too by adding things or taking them away. Next time, I am going to also add sliced up strawberries on top of the avocado along with the honey and cheese. I can imagine this would also taste amazing with crumbled feta cheese! The possibilities are endless!! :-)
Next time you are wondering what to eat after busting your booty at the gym, be sure to try this recipe and let me know what you think! Your body will thank you for infusing it with such amazing nutrients!
(images are all mine!)
LuuuxWeeklyFoodComp avocado delicious meal healthy