Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
So you know someone who`s due to have their baby and you want to throw a baby shower for them? Well Jennifer Link (founder of Sweet Pea Baby Planners in New York) and Mustela got you covered!
Here are some tips to help you in throwing a successful party that is enjoyable for everyone (including the mommy & daddy-to-be):
- Make sure you know what the mom likes. If she loves flowers, you can consider incorporating some flowers into the decor as centerpieces. If mom really loves fruit (and may be allergic to flowers), consider getting her Edible Arrangements! (http://www.ediblearrangements.com/)
- Having a theme would be a good idea but sometimes it can be hard to pick something (especially if mom is choosing to keep the gender a secret) so picking solid colors would be a good idea. Jennifer Link suggests to pick 2 or 3 colors (perhaps lavender, green and yellow).
- When I had my baby shower, I wanted my husband to be a part of it so man were definitely welcome to the party. However if mom chooses not to have men invited, make sure to clearly state on the invitations "Girls only, no boys allowed!"
- You may want to do the baby shower right around the time that mom is 30-34 weeks along. This way if she gets doubles of things (diaper bags, swings, chairs, etc) she`ll have enough time to exchange those items before baby makes their big entrance. Besides, the last couple of weeks of pregnancy are very tiring so you have to consider that mom may not have the energy to run around exchanging things when she`s that far along).
- However if the expecting parents are adopting, it would be nice to have a party anyways after the baby has arrived so that everyone gets a chance to meet the baby and bring whatever the parents need for their new bundle of joy!
- A great present to give to moms is something that she`ll most likely need (& appreciate) after she`s had baby which would include products from Mustela like the 9 months Nursing Comfort Balm and Post Partum Body Restructuring Gel.
- Another great item to give mom on the day of the party is also another product from Mustela which is the Stretch Marks double action cream which will help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks during & after pregnancy!
- If mom hasn`t come up with a registry and you`re unsure on what to get for mom specifically, Mustela has a Newborn Gift set which includes body wash, foam shampoo, diaper cream, and PhysiObébé (a gentle cleanser which can be used on the face and diaper area).
- When creating a registry, you may want to consider adding items that baby can continue to use until they`re 18 months old. Trust me, babies grow fast so they`ll most likely outgrow the really cute onsie they got in no time. This way the new parents won`t have to run out to get new clothes for the baby and they can continue using the same clothes for a while.
- It`s a good idea when setting up a registry that you remember the gift givers and their ability to get to the stores to get certain items (crib,stroller,etc.) You can use a website like http://Diapers.com so that the items can be shipped directly to the mom and she`ll know exactly who to thank.
- If for whatever reason the family doesn`t want a baby shower, it`s a good idea to ask what they need so everything can still be purchased and gifted to them before the baby arrives.
- Lastly, make sure you`ve got plenty of fresh batteries to take lots of pictures so that the mom will have nice memories to look back on and eventually show to baby when they grow up!
That`s it! I hope this was helpful to any of you who are planning to throw a baby shower for the expectant mother. Remember that Mustela is hosting a giveaway for the Newborn Set so it would be a great idea to enter to gift this to the expectant mom. You can enter by "liking" the Mustela facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mustela-USA/107648435933190?sk=app_166013376782265 (You`ve got 2 days left to enter!)
Thank you all for reading and I`ll see you all in the next blog post!
**Image is not mine. Origin of image is listed in the source link below. I paraphrased the tips above so that they wouldn`t be verbatim to what Jennifer Link said and also sharing some of my experiences**