Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
3.5 cups raw apple sauce
2 cups water
2 cups sugar + 1 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon + 1/2 a lemon
1 pinch ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Puree raw apples (with the peels- why waste them when they taste terrific in this recipe?) in a blender or food processor until you get 3.5 cups of apple sauce. If you need to add up to half a cup of water to the apples while blending to help the machine along, then that`s fine.
2. Mix apple sauce, water, juice of one lemon, 2 cups of sugar, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium sized pot.
3. Bring to a boil, then cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
4. Add 1 more cup of sugar and the juice of half a lemon to the mixture, allowing it to cook for 10 minutes more.
5. Test to see if the apple jam has thickened up by putting a dab of the apple sauce on a plate and freezing for a few minutes. If it becomes hard, and is a thick spreadable thing instead of runny sauce, your apple jam is ready. If it is still runny, continue cooking a bit longer and test it every few minutes.
6. Turn off the flame and let the apple butter cool before using. If canning, do so at this point.
7. Use as you would any jam. Enjoy!