Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
So I broke my work phone.
This marks the 8th iPhone I`ve had in the past 1.5 years.
I honestly don`t know how I`m able to do this. I blame it on bad luck.
Let me list out how each of my iPhones died and how long they lasted:
1. Bought factory unlocked iPhone from Vodafone in Hong Kong. Within 2 weeks, the phone stopped getting 3G. Brought it in and got a replacement phone. Life = 2 weeks
2. It broke as I was going to find my sister in London. It stopped receiving any signal regardless of being restarted, going on and off airplane mode and restoring. Went to Apple and got a replacement phone. Life = 1 month
3. The camera could not focus. Went back to Apple and got a replacement phone. Life = 1 day.
4. The phone kept turning itself off every time it lost service in an elevator. Went back to Apple and got a replacement phone. Life = 1 week
5. iPhone kept losing signal and the touch screen became unresponsive. Went back to Apple and got a replacement phone. Life = 1 month
6. iPhone apps kept crashing when they tried to open. Went back to Apple and got a replacement phone. Life = 3 months!
7. iPhone, when locked, would not become unlocked. Life = 4 months.
Sold my personal iPhone once the warranty ended.
8. When going into the self-camera mode in the locked screen, the camera would become unresponsive until it overheats and after 2 minutes, the phone turns off.
So I went back to Apple, but despite them restoring my iPhone and checking the diagnostics:
1. Short Battery Life
2. Frequent App Crashes
3. Many dropped Calls
They refused to replace it. Instead, they told me I`m terrible with electronics. I think it`s because its a work phone, not a personal phone. Or because I`ve managed to have a hardware failure on 8 different iPhones within a year and a half.
Personally, I think I`m very good with electronics. No matter how smart and experienced a programmer is, they can never fix the electronics I break. I can break any computer, software or hardware without fail. I`ve broken enough Windows computers that even trying to boot from the CD would not work. Computer Programmers were unable to fix the computers I break. Even they are baffled at my ability to break anything electronic.
*photo is mine*