Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
These Truffle are so good I made them the other night they are super easy and only 3 ingredients so that makes them even better
Makes approximately 4 dozen truffles (or maybe a little less, depending on how much of the filling you choose to sample)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) Oreos (You can also use a generic version to save a little cash; I`ve tried a few varieties, and they work just as well.)
2 pkg. (8 squares each) Baker`s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (You will most likely use closer to 1 1/2 packages. That`s more chocolate for spatula-licking, right?)
1. Set aside 5 Oreos and throw the rest in a food processor until they are finely crumbled
2. Thorougly mix cookie crumbs with cream cheese.
3. Form crumb-and-cream-cheese mixture into balls, approximately 1-inch across each (but don`t worry too much about being exact here. They will come out delicious no matter the size!) and place onto a cookie sheet that has previously been lined with wax paper.
4. For best results, pop the formed mixture into the fridge for at least 15 minutes to chill while you complete the next step. If you really don`t have the time, the truffles will still taste delicious (so don`t worry!), but they will be more difficult to handle and some of the coating with mix with the filling.
5. Melt the chocolate. There are many ways to do this. I don`t have a double boiler, so I just throw my chocolate into a saucepan and heat it on low, stirring frequently, until it is completely melted.
6. Remove pot from heat.
7. Coat previously formed balls with chocolate and return to the lined cookie sheet.
8. Throw the remaining 5 cookies into the food processor.
9. Sprinkle some of those crumbs on top of the (still wet) truffles.
10. Refrigerate for one hour.
You are done! You are now free to package, freeze, and eat. (Of course, you were free to eat during the entire process.)
Variation: swap out regular Oreos for Golden Oreos (semi-sweet chocolate for white chocolate, if you like white chocolate). You will end up with a cheesecake-like truffle.