Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I love animals! And i have 5 pets: a cat and 4 dogs.
One day i was on Facebook, and i saw that "just being around a pet can lower your blood pressure", so today, i decided to search about it and share it with you!
There are, at least, 23 ways for pets to improve YOUR health:
1. They reduce stress: The level of cortisol, a hormone associated with stress, is lowered. And the production of serotonin, a chemical associated with well-being, is increased.
2.Being around a pet can lower your blood pressure.
3.Help for Lowering Cholesterol, possible atrributed to lifestyle of pet owners (they have to take them to walk)
4. Less risk of dying from heart diseases, like heart failure
5. They help to fight depressions
6.Better Physical Fitness
7. You can make your pet an exercise buddy
8. Fewer Strokes Among Cat Owners
9. Less isolation
10. Fewer allergies
11. Children will significantly less likely to develop asthma as they got older. Except whose mothers have a cat allergy.
12. Some trained dogs can alert their diabetic owner before a drop of blood glucose happens.
13. Partners in better cancer care
14. They help kids with Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, being responsible and learn how to plan things.
15. Animals (specially dogs and horses) easily hold the attention of children with autism.
16. Walking your dog helps getting stronger bones.
17. Stretching With Your Cat helps in arthritis.
18. Some rehab programs for stroke patients use horses to help facilitate recover
19. People with rheumatoid arthritis derive benefit from movements like walking and throwing a Frisbee with their pet.
20.A Mexican hairless dog called a Xolo is known for generating intense body heat. An organization called Paws for Comfort trains Xolos to be service dogs for people with fibromyalgia and other forms of chronic pain that respond to heat.
21. A "seizure dog" is one that has been specially trained to live and work with people who have epilepsy. (
22. Specially trained dogs can perform tasks that let people with Parkinson`s disease maintain their independence.
23. Visits from therapy dogs help patients recovering from devastating illness or an event such as a stroke