Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! Here is a first impressions review on the Maybelline The Rocket mascara that came out some time ago. Before finding my current favorite mascara, Revlon`s Lash Potion, I was always interested in trying out new mascaras that would give me more volume and length in my lashes.
My current lash situation is that my lash hairs are actually very long, but they are very fine. The way my eye folds actually makes my lashes look shorter, so both attributes (volume and length) are much appreciated from a mascara.
Maybelline has not been my favorite brand for drugstore mascaras, and this one was no different. The MegaPlush mascara is nice, but I still prefer Revlon`s over it.
Price & Availability:
- $6 at Target, probably closer to $8 at the drugstore
- Available wherever Maybelline products are sold
- Two types: regular and waterproof
- Regular comes in Blackest Black, Brownish Black and Very Black
- Waterproof comes in Brownish Black and Very Black
- I purchased the Waterproof version in Very Black
From the Maybelline website:
- `8x Bigger. Smoother. Even.`
- Very large/wide blue tube with tapered ends (similar to the CoverGirl Blast mascara line)
- Plastic bristle brush (also similar to the CoverGirl Blast mascaras)
- Widely available
- Waterproof and washable versions
- The pigment is pretty black
- Packaging: I have never liked these really fat mascara tubes. What is the point of the tapered ends?
- Did nothing for my lashes
Unfortunately I couldn`t capture good shots of my lashes with and without mascara to include with this post, but from what I can tell, this mascara did not help my lashes in any way. It did provide a little bit of volume, but to get the effect I want I would have to pile on a bunch of coats, and most people don`t have time to sit there and apply 5 or 6 coats of mascara. I generally go with my gut when it comes to the first application of mascara, because there`s nothing more you can really do when applying it. You can layer it with other mascaras but why waste the money and two tubes of mascara when you potential can have one that gives you the desired effect? Needless to say I returned this, but that doesn`t mean this mascara might not be your holy grail.
Thanks for reading! Have you tried this mascara? What did you think of it?
Previous post (LORAC Royal Eye Collection for Holiday 2014):
All images and content (other than the mascara description) are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp Maybelline TheRocketMascara