Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! Welcome to another First Impressions review! Today I`ll be sharing my thoughts on the Maybelline Matte ColorSensational lipstick in `Faint for Fuchsia.`
For my thoughts on other shades in this line:
- Craving Coral:
- Mesmerizing Magenta:
Price & Availability:
- $5.50 to $8.50 depending on where you purchase
- I bought all of mine at Target where they were $5.49
- They are close to $9 at drugstores like CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid
- These are permanent NOT limited edition
- If you happen upon the new product display (not the permanent, in the wall, with the other products display) of these, there are only two of each shade available
From Ulta`s product description:
- `Bold lip color`
- `Creamy texture`
Shade & Finish:
- `Faint for Fuschia` is a bright fuchsia that leans more pink than `Mesmerizing Magenta,` which is more red (see second photo)
- As the name implies, the finish is matte
- Pretty opaque coverage in one swipe
- Typical ColorSensational packaging but all shades have a frosted mauve-y cap
- Play-doh scent like other ColorSensational lipsticks
- Very affordable and will eventually be available wherever Maybelline products are sold
- Great shade range: has nudes, brights, one red and one vampy shade
- Opaque coverage in one or two swipes
- Comfortable matte formula
- Lasts pretty long, even though light eating and drinking
- Smell: I don`t mind the Play-Doh scent and can`t smell it after it has been applied but it may bother others
Like `Mesmerizing Magenta,` this shade was really comfortable to wear and didn`t feel like a typical matte lipstick. I wore this around the house just to see if the color looked good on me and completely forgot that I was wearing it afterwards. It was that comfortable! The formula for this shade is very smooth and creamy; it applied to my lips easily without tugging or skipping. The formula is creamy without being slippery or oily so it is pleasant to wear, but doesn`t feel like a glossier/slicker lipstick. I was never one for matte lipsticks because they can be very drying and not flattering on drier lips, but it is one of the bigger trends for this fall and winter and Maybelline hit it out of the ball park with these. If you are interested in trying out matte lipsticks I would definitely recommend looking at this line. Try to find it at Target or Walmart or get them on sale at the drugstore (buy one, get one 50%; etc) to get the best price on these.
Thanks for reading! Have you tried any of these lipsticks before? What did you think of them?
Previous post (Milani Constellation Gel Liners and Matte Lip Art lipsticks haul):
All images and content (except for the descriptions taken from the Ulta website) are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.
Come check out my blog sale: http://seralina.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-sale.html
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp maybelline matte faintforfuchsia