Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! Here is a first impressions review on a mascara that I purchased a long time ago and never got around to posting about. This is the L`Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes mascara in `Black Lacquer.` There are four shades in the regular/washable formula and two shades in the waterproof formula. I think when I had originally bought this, the waterproof formula was not yet available.
Price & Availability:
- $8 to $10 depending on where you purchase it
- Available wherever L`Oreal products are sold
- From the L`Oreal website:
>> Volumizing fibers
>> False lash effect
>> Clump free
Shade & Finish:
- Black Lacquer is one of two black shades available in the washable formula. I believe it is supposed to be a glossy/shiny finish compared to the regular black shade. At least that`s what I would imagine when I hear the word `lacquer.`
- Unlike other mascara tubes, this one is not rounded at all. It actually features a sort of modern/contemporary angularity
- The Black Lacquer shade features a gold cap and black body, while the other shades are in all gold packaging
- The wand is slightly bent with a conical bristle brush
- Widely available
- Formula is very dark
- Noticeable volumizing of lashes
- The Black Lacquer shade is not available in the waterproof version
- Washable formulas tend to smear on me. Actually, mascaras that came to be waterproof also smudge so mascaras just hate me
- Did not provide much in the length department, so that doesn`t read `false lash` effect for me.
- If you tend to pile on the mascara, this one could make your lashes look pretty clumpy/spidery after two coats. The formula is very wet which means it will have the tendency to make lashes stick together.
L`Oreal isn`t my go-to brand when it comes to mascaras anyway, though I do like the original Voluminous waterproof mascara. This one can give a nice look to the lashes as long as you stop yourself from applying too much. The formula of this one is pretty wet so it will cause lashes to clump if you keep pulling the brush through them. It also led to some pretty bad smudging under my eyes because this wasn`t waterproof and I have pretty oily skin. I don`t believe this mascara will give anyone with sparse and/or short lashes the `false lashes` look.
Thanks for reading! Have you tried this mascara before? What did you think of it?
Previous post (Kat Von D Palette at Marshall`s!):
All images and content, other than the mascara`s claims, are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.